1.2 mile paved walking & biking trail within the park.
West Pennsboro Township owns and maintains a 27 acre municipal park located at 30 Park Road, Plainfield. Three rentable pavilions provide electric and water and two pavilions provide electric. A concession stand with restrooms is currently under construction and should be open by late summer 2017. We hope you can visit our beautiful park and enjoy it as much as we do!
Quick facts about our park
1.2 mile paved walking & biking trail within the park.
5 pavilions that can be rented for your events throughout the year.
Multiple play areas with jungle gyms, swing sets and slides.
2 tennis courts, 4 basketball courts, 2 softball fields, 4 multi-use fields.
Our park is easily accessible from Newville Road (Rt #641). The park gates open March 31st and close November 30th of each year. The park is accessible through the winter months by walking through the man-gate. There are multiple fields for an array of sporting activities and events. The park is 27 acres of well maintained land for everyone to enjoy. This space is open to the public on a daily basis but you can also rent pavilions for group events.
If you lost an item and believe it may have been left at the park, please call the Township Office at 717-243-8220. All lost and found items are taken to the Township Office.
Come visit our park!
We have five great pavilion's available to use and rent. Fees are assessed by group type requesting the rental. Group 1 represents all activities organized and/or operated by Township personnel, including Township sponsored sports leagues operated on a not-for-profit basis, church, civic, service and scout groups, and all Big Spring School District activities. Group 2 groups represent non-Township individuals, not for profit organizations, sports leagues, church, civic, service, and scout groups. Group 3 is any organization (Township or non-Township) sponsoring any event (ie, tournament, thons, etc.) where the purpose of the event is to raise funds. More information can be found by clicking below on the Pavilion Rental Details.
12 picnic tables with 1 handicap accessibility table. Seating for 100 people, water & electric.
16 picnic tables with 1 handicap accessibility table. Seating for 120, water & electric.
12 picnic tables, seating for 144 people. Water & electric.
15 picnic tables, seating for 120 people. Electric only.
No electric or water
Facilities Rental Fees and Charges
As of January 1, 2017
The following is a fee schedule for reservations of facilities. The units of time will be charged as whole units and not pro-rated for fractions of time unless otherwise noted.
One Day = 1-8 hours of utilization. Use exceeding 8 hours may incur additional fees.
1. Rental of a pavilion or other facility does not include the automatic right to exclusively use any other facility amenities or areas. Should such facilities be available, they may be used in common with the general public.
2. Rentals are done on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Permit applications will be accepted no earlier than one year prior to the rental date.
Full payment is required upon submission of Application.
Facility Group #1 & #2 Group #3
Pavilion $50/day **$60/day
Athletic Fields: Softball/Baseball/Soccer/Football $10 / 2 hours, $5/hr after that and Up to a max of $25/day ** $100/day
Tennis Court, Basketball Court, Volleyball Court $10/day ** $50/day
**Fees depend upon the amount of the park that will be unavailable to the general public. A security deposit equal to the cost of the rental is required prior to issuance of a Permit.
1. A completed “Pavilion and Recreation Facility Permit” must be submitted to the Township along with the appropriate rental fee or rental deposit to confirm the reservation(s).
2. Cancellations should be reported to the Township as soon as possible.
a. Cancellations occurring 30 days or more before the rental date - rental fees and deposits will be returned minus a 25% administrative fee.
b. Cancellations occurring less than 30 days before the rental date will be subject to a 50% administrative fee or one full day rental ,whichever is less.
3. The Applicant listed on the “Pavilion and Recreation Facility Permit” is responsible for maintaining the condition of the facility/area and all equipment and supplies contained therein. All damage to Township property will be the Applicant’s responsibility.
4. All requests will be reviewed by Township staff and upon approval; the staff will issue a “Pavilion and Recreation Facility Permit”. Use of the facility/area shall be restricted to the uses and terms stated in the Application and Permit. The Township reserves the right to assign facilities.
5. The “Permit” issued hereunder may not be transferred to another party without prior written approval of the Township.
6. No fundraising shall be done on the premises, which is in violation of any State or Township regulation.
7. Applicant hereby indemnifies and holds the Township harmless from and against any and all claims and liability for personal and property damage or death asserted by or on behalf of anyone, in any manner, either directly or indirectly, arising out of Applicant’s activities or use of the subject fields and facilities.
GROUP #1 – All activities organized and/or operated by Township personnel, including Township sponsored sports leagues operated on a not-for-profit basis, church, civic, service and scout groups, and all Big Spring School District activities.
GROUP #2 – Non-Township individuals, not for profit organizations, sports leagues, church, civic, service, and scout groups. Note: In approving applications, priority will be given to Group #1 applicants.
GROUP #3 – Any organization (Township or non-Township) sponsoring any event (ie, tournament, thons, etc.) where the purpose of the event is to raise funds.